I was SO productive this weekend. I got so many things on my To-Do list done- I went to Container Store, I organized my cabinet, I painted some Halloween flowers pots and planted mums, I cooked, I cleaned, I got stuff done! More on that later.
The point is, I was exhausted yesterday! I need another day off to recover from my weekend. So when I got home after work, though I had every intention of making sweet potato quinoa burgers and cleaning my room, I decided that I was too tired and the weather was too beautiful! 60s and sunny! So I threw my To-Do list out the window (I’ve only been meaning to clean my room for two weeks. It can wait another day!) and went for a walk. It was my favorite kind of weather! An hour later, I came home and all I could think of was a big bowl of warm oatmeal. I put on my favorite pajamas, made a big bowl of this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and curled up to watch Nightmare Before Christmas. It was kind of the perfect night.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
from Oh She Glows
1 large serving
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger + pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (OSG recommends Granny Smith but you can use whatever you have. I used Gala)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup + more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, for sprinkling on top
1. In a medium sized pot over medium heat, whisk together everything EXCEPT the vanilla and walnuts.
2. Heat over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring often. When the mixture thickens and the liquid is absorbed, it is ready. Stir in the pure vanilla extract.
3. Pour into a dish and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, a pinch of cinnamon, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a spoonful of peanut butter, if you dare.
Know what else I did, as I huddled in my bed singing along to This Is Halloween? I may have colored. I may have googled “Coloring Pages” and one of the first things that came up was a picture of Rainbow Brite, who I’m considering being for Halloween (My mom, who makes all of my halloween costumes, just shed a tear thinking about coming up with a Rainbow Brite pattern). I may have then colored her in Halloween colors (cause I was watching Nightmare Before Christmas…Duh!). Then, I may have scanned it so I could show it to all of you lovely people. I may have missed my calling as a Professional Crayonist.
Clearly, the scanned version doesn’t show off my exquisite shading abilities but it will have to do…