Happy Friday! I had a really hard day, guys.
- It’s the 8th day of my vacation. Only 2 days left.
- I went to the midnight showing of Hunger Games (don’t judge!) last night and didn’t go to bed until 4am, which forced me to stay in bed until noon, obviously. I gotta get my 8 hours!
- Then I had to go grocery shopping. But I didn’t feel like it so I left my PJs on (which contain my super cute new cupcake shorts I got at Gap outlet for $1.99!)
All that shopping was a huge drain so I was forced to whip up this margarita and have lunch on my porch (um…it’s 78 degrees in Boston right now!).
Fresh Strawberry Margaritas
makes a single serving
straight from How Sweet It Is
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 1/2 ounces strawberry simple syrup
- lime + fresh strawberries for garnish
- salt + sugar for the rim
Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few strawberries.
For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 1 1/2 cups slices strawberries in a blender and blend until combined. I don’t mind strawberry seeds, but if you’d like you can strain the mixture over a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
I’m debating keeping my PJs for my friday night dinner but my little pseudo-niece calls me out when I wear mismatched socks. I can’t imagine how she’ll react if I show up wearing PJs for dinner
PS. that salsa is Stonewall Kitchen’s Chipotle Pineapple Salsa. I discovered it when I was in NH. I’m obsessed!